- Douglass Project for Women in STEM (Mid-March/Early April) - offer a summer research stipend and an Introduction to Scientific Research Course for beginning undergraduate researchers.
- Aresty/Douglass Undergraduate Conference Funding (Monthly) - Rutgers undergraduates who are accepted to present their research at professional conferences can apply for special conference funding.
- Douglass AADC Fellowships for Seniors (Mar. 1) - fellowships for graduating Douglass seniors for pursuit of graduate work -- several for sciences.
- Helen Fellowship (Jan. 20th) - a unique opportunity for women to spend a year immersed in teaching and research at AMNH in New York City.
- APS/IBM Undergraduate Internships (Feb. 15th) - paid summer internships at three IBM research locations: Almaden (San Jose, CA), Austin, TX, or Watson (Yorktown Heights, NY).
- L’Oréal USA For Women in Science Fellowship (Early Feb.) - awards five women postdoctoral scientists annually with grants of $60,000 each for their contributions in STEM.
- APS Meeting Childcare Grants - small grants up to $400 available for meeting attendees who are bringing small children to a meeting or who incur extra expenses in leaving their children at home.
- Conferences for Undergradute Women in Physics (CUWiP) (Oct.) - three-day regional conferences for undergraduate physics majors.
External Support Resources
- The Scarlet Listener - a 24 hour hotline for counseling, referral, and information service for the Rutgers University community.
- VPVA - Violence Prevention and Victim Assistance, available 24/7.
Additional (Motivational!) Articles
- Millie Dresselhaus General Electric Advertisement - What If Millie Dresselhaus, Female Scientist, Was Treated Like A Celebrity?
- Aomawa Shields - Why I Changed My Life: Acting, Astronomy, and a One-of-a-Kind Career
- Silke Bühler-Paschen - Austrian physicist Silke Bühler-Paschen studying solid state - Science: It's a girl thing!