Rutgers University Department of Physics and Astronomy
Physics 271 - Fall 2016
Lecture notes will be posted here shortly after each class.
1) September 7. Introduction. Lecture_1.pdf
2) September 12. Motion along a straight line. Lecture_2.pdf
3) September 14. Vectors. Lecture_3.pdf
4) September 19. Motion in two and three dimensions. Lecture_4.pdf
5) September 21. Motion in 2D and 3D. Force and motion I. Lecture_5.pdf
6) September 26. Force and motion I. Lecture_6.pdf
7) September 28. Force and motion II. Lecture_7.pdf
8) October 3. Force and motion II. Energy and Work.
9) October 5th. Midterm I review.
9) October 12. Potential energy. Conservation of energy I.
10) October 17. Potential energy. Conservation of energy II.
11) October 19. Center of mass. Linear momentum I.
12) October 24. Center of mass. Linear momentum II.
13) October 26. Center of mass. Linear momentum III. Rotation I.
14) October 31. Rotation II.
15) November 2. Rotation III. Rolling, torque and angular momentum I.
16) November 7. Rolling, torque and angular momentum II. Equilibrium and
17) November 9. Midterm II review.
18) November 16. Equilibrium and elasticity II. Oscillations I.
19) November 21. Oscillations II. Gravitation I.
20) November 28. Gravitation II.
21) November 30. Temperature, heat and the 1st law of thermodynamics I.
22) December 5. Temperature, heat and the 1st law of thermodynamics II. Kinetic theory of gasses I.
23) December 7. Kinetic theory of gasses II. Entropy and the 2nd law of thermodynamics I.
24) December 12. Entropy and the 2nd law of thermodynamics II.
25) December 14. Final Exam Review.
Back to the Physics 271 Home Page.
This page is maintained by
Prof. Duiliu Emanuel Diaconescu .