- Vitaly Podzorov
- Member of the Graduate Faculty
Condensed matter experiment
We are a research group based in Rutgers University Physics Department in Piscataway, New Jersey, where we study the physics of novel semiconductors. Our research tends to revolve around the following themes:
- Fundamentals of charge carrier transport in organic semiconductors (OFETs).
- The fundamental optical properties of highly ordered organic semiconductors (exciton dynamics, photo-conductivity and the photovoltaic effect).
- Molecular self-assembly at functional interfaces.
- Novel inorganic layered semiconductors (dihalcogenides and graphene).
- Photo-physics of hybrid (organo-inorganic) perovskites.
- Ionic-liquid gating of multiferroic oxides.
- News Item(s):
- Eva Halkiadakis and Vitaly Podzorov promoted
- Vitaly Podzorov develops a method to apply thin polymer insulators to organic transistors
- Professor Vitaly Podzorov, postdoctoral researcher Hikmat Najafov, graduate students Bumsu Lee and Qibin Zhou, and Leonard Feldman, director of the Rutgers IAMDN, have been published in Nature Materials
- Professor Vitaly Podzorov has been awarded a prestigious NSF CAREER award
- Vitaly Podzorov was recently interviewed by Thompson Scientific, which has identified his group's highly cited papers in the forefront of research on Organic Semiconductors